Our primary goals are to explain the benefits of the electric cooperative model and facilitate communications with TEC cooperatives, their member-consumers, the media and the general public.
* The million-plus circulation Texas Co-op Power magazine is the best known of TEC’s communications tools. Each subscribing cooperative uses its designated local pages in the center of the magazine to provide customized information for member-customers.
* The monthly TEC Report, a limited-circulation newsletter from the CEO, concentrates on TEC member activities and industry news.
* The Home Team Advantage image campaign has been working for Texas co-ops since 1997. Print ads and radio spots feature local employees, members and scenes highlighting cooperatives as member-owned, community-based energy service providers.
* Videos distributed to TEC member cooperatives inform viewers about the uniqueness of electric cooperatives and the impact of deregulation and other industry changes on co-ops and their members.
* TEC also manages association media relations at the state level and helps coordinate this activity with our members at the local level. We provide press releases when needed or requested, arrange press conferences, and maintain a media database. News releases are archived on the TEC website.